H P A P Y H O L I D AYS ~ !
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT CINNAMON TRUFFLE: (Makes aprox: 16)
1 cup hazelnut flour ( You can grind fresh hazelnuts in a food processor if you cant find hazelnut flour since its very rare)
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
8 pitted and medjool dates (softened)
2 TBS maple syrup
1 TSP cinnamon
1/2 TSP pure vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
1 bar of Lindt dark chocolate 85% (You can make your own chocolate if you prefer)
4 drops of stevia
- In a food processor add Hazelnut flour, dates, cacao powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and sea salt, blend until mixed thoroughly
- Add in Maple syrup until mixture starts to form a ball
- Roll into little balls, and place onto wax papered plate , then place in freezer
- While the truffles are chilling, fill a sauce pan with 2 inches of water and place a small glass measuring cup inside to melt chocolate
- Once chocolate is melted, remover truffles from freezer
- Using a skewer dip truffles into chocolate sauce, allow to drip them place back onto wax paper, top with a raw hazelnut for garnish and to cover the hole made by the skewer.
-Put back in freezer for an additional 15 minutes to harden chocolate, then put into the fridge for storage.
RASPBERRY LIME COCONUT TRUFFLE (Makes aprox : 16)
2 cups of raw cashews soaked for 3 + hours or over night
1 cup of raspberries (fresh works best, if you use frozen add a little less because of the extra water)
2 TBS honey
Juice of one fresh lime
1/2 cup almond flour
- In a food processor chop cashews
- Add in raspberries, honey and lime juice, blend until smooth
- Once completely mixed add the almond flour (you may need to add a little more or less depending on how wet your mixture is, you need to be able to handle it)
- Remove from food processor, and roll into little balls
-Roll balls into coconut shreds making sure to completely coat the outside.
- Place onto a wax papered plate and put in freezer for 15 min
- Use the left over lime peel to make shreds of lime, and break up a few raspberries into little niblets
- Remove truffles from freezer and garnish with 2 shreds of lime and a few raspberry niblets (It looks like Holly, so cute!)
- Feel free to experiment with different garnishes or different sugars. I considered using raw coconut sugar instead of maple syrup for the hazelnut truffle. I think the caramel type flavour would go well with it too ~