Saturday 19 January 2013

VEGGIE OMELET WITH CITRUS GARLIC AIOLI & ELK SAUSAGE

Yesterday when I went to my new chiropractor I noticed that right next to them was a butcher shop. I have been wanting to find a new Butcher shop to get all my meats from and now I have! This place was great. They sell many cuts of local grass fed beef/chicken/pork, all of which are hormone & vaccine free. Its hard to find anything even close to this in the regular super market. I was happy to see they even made a home made "Elk" sausage , Elk is not raised on a farm here, so some one with a license to hunt gets the meet for them. You can't get better than natural meat hunted in the wild! (The sausage by the way was fantastic, it was not dry and had lots of flavour) I also picked up some naturally smoked bacon ( nitrate free) and some local grass fed ground beef. I think I'm going to be a loyal customer of theirs from now on, definitely going back!

This is a perfect primal breakfast, so tasty!




INGREDIENTS:

- 2 eggs
- 1 large hand full of spinach chopped
- 1/4 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 bell pepper of choice
- 1 TBS home made basil pesto ( you can find the recipe HERE)
- 1 TBS Lemon garlic aioli ( you can find the recipe HERE
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Elk sausage, or gluten free sausage of choice :)

DIRECTIONS:

- Preheat 2 pans, one small one big with Ghee or olive oil
- I a mixing bowl, whisk 2 eggs together with pesto, salt and pepper
- Add in all chopped veggies and spinach
- Poke holes in the sausage to allow for it to cook completely through, place in pan and cook for 7-8 min on med heat
- Add Egg mixture to large pan ( place a lid on top and reduce heat ) cook for about 4 minutes then flip omelet and cook for an additional 1-2 min.
- Place omelet on a plate and top with Citrus garlic aioli
- For the sausage you can also top with the citrus garlic aioli, or add hot sauce , what ever you prefer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment