After hacking away at the coconut, I finally got to the good stuff! Super soft young coconut flesh, it taste so good!
Coconut Chai Ice cream Garnished with star anise :)
- 2 Frozen bananas
- 1 cup steeped chai tea
- 1 cup coconut milk ( you can make your own or use canned, see below for home made)
- 1 - 2 TBS Raw honey ( depends how sweet you want it)
- 10 drops liquid vanilla stevia
- 1 TSP Allspice
- 1/4 TSP cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP cardamon
- 1/8 TSP ginger
- In a blender combines all ingredients well until mixture is completely smooth
- Add to Ice cream maker , and leave for 15 - 20 min . If you don't have an ice cream maker you can put the mixture into an ice cube tray
- Garnish with cinnamon and star anise :)
HOW TO MAKE HOME MADE COCONUT MILK:
- Purchase a young coconut, These ones do not have the brown outer shell, they have the white husk on the outside still, make sure not to confuse them! The other kind works too but its a lot more work!
- Using the base of a sharp french knife puncture the coconut multiple times to create an opening in the top ( It may take many hits before you can break through the hard shell).
- Poor our the sweet coconut water making sure not to get any bits of husk in it.
- Using a spoon scrape out all the soft flesh inside.
- Add both water and flesh to a high speed blender, blend until smooth.
- Use within 3 days for fresh tasting coconut milk!