Friday 8 February 2013

CURRY COCONUT CHICKEN LEEK SOUP


Hello everyone! Just wanted to give a big thank you to all my friends and family for all the support towards my blog! I just reached 10000 views, so amazing! And thank you to everyone else who has viewed my blog and been a part of its creation :) I'm excited for what the future holds and hopefully my blog will inspire and enlighten others with healthy eating and living! Once again I would like to give a big

THANK YOU!


 to everyone!  Here is my most recent recipe creation inspired by my time in Thailand and the cooking class I took while in Chang Mai! Enjoy ~


INGREDIENTS: (Serves 4)
- 1 can of organic full fat coconut milk ( I like to use thai kitchen)
- 2 cups chicken stock ( if you don't have home made u can use the cubes)
- 2 large chicken breast
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 1 leek
- 1/2 purple onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots
- 3 stalks bock choi
- 4 dried chillies
- 1 thumb size of ginger grated
- juice of 1 fresh squeezed lime
- 1 TBS fish sauce

SPICES:

- 1/2 TBS turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp masala
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spoon full of curry paste ( optional, you can use green or red thai kitchen brand)

DIRECTIONS:

- Cut up chicken breast into small cubes and put in a large sauce pan with coconut oil, garlic and onion minced
- Cook until you can no longer see pink on the chicken
- Add in coconut milk and chicken stock, and turn stove to medium heat
- Add in all spices to desired taste ( start with less spice and u can always add more!)
- Squeeze in lime juice and add fish sauce ( Fish sauce is salty so don't add too much!)
- Grate in ginger and add dried chills, ( at this point u can add the curry paste if u wish to)
- Chop up all veggies into bite sized pieces
- Add carrots first and allow to cook 3-4 min
- Add in the rest of the veggies , and cook for an additional 5 min ( until fork tender, you don't want them to be too mushy)
- Serve and enjoy :) !