The finished product and 5 hours later~
In the crock pot she goes!
INGREDIENTS ( serves 2)
- 2 chicken legs ( or any cut you like, chicken breasts will cook faster than a cut with the bone inside)
- 4 organic carrots
- 2 potatoes ( I used purple potatoes for an added touch of color ;)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves minces
- 1 TBS butter ( or olive oil)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 TSP paprika
- 1 TSP thyme
- 1 TSP chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Few dashes or your hot sauce of choice ( I love cholula hot sauce )
- Turn on crock pot to high, Put the lid on and allow it warm up. Add in the butter and allow it to melt before adding in the rest of the ingredients.
- While crock pot it warming up, prepare all the veggies. Chop into small bite sized pieces.
- Coat chicken in spices rubbing in well, set aside.
- When butter is melted add in chicken and all veggies, if you did not use all the spice you can add in the remainder. Pour in 2 cups of chicken stock and squeeze in the juice of 2 lemons.
- Stir slightly , then seal lid on and place timer to 5 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- you can check it once half way through and give it a little stir but its not necessary if you are not around to do so. Enjoy!