EGG PLANT SWEET POTAtOE CASSEROLE ( Serves 3)
- 1 medium egg plant
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 large tomato
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup full fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup tomato sauce ( you can use the kind with seasonings or add your own! Basil, garlic, onions, salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees C.
- In a large baking dish lighting grease the bottom with oil of choice ( olive oil or coconut)
- Cut up egg plant , sweet potato, and tomato into round thin slices.
- Layer the bottom of the dish with the egg plant, then cover in cottage cheese, 1/3 tomato sauce and sprinkle with red onion.
- Next layer the sweet potato and cover with 1/2 of the shredded mozzarella and more tomato sauce (leave a bit for the top)
- lastly layer the tomato slices , cover with the remainder tomato sauce and remainder mozzarella cheese.
-Cover in tin foil poking a few holes in it to let steam escape. Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes, then remove tin foil and broil on hi for remainder 5 min.
BLACK BERRY BLUEBERRY COCONUT CRUMBLE ( Served 3)
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen black berries
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blue berries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 tbs coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- dash of cinnamon and vanilla powder
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees C.
- grease the bottom of a small baking dish with coconut oil.
- Add in 1/2 the blueberries, then sprinkle with a bit of the shredded coconut , coconut sugar and crushed walnuts.
- Next add in 1/2 the black berries and sprinkle with a bit of the shredded coconut , coconut sugar and crushed walnuts.
- Repeat previous 2 layers.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 20 min, enjoy ! :)