A perfect fun and easy weekend breakfast, utilizing coconut flour as the base, paired with bananas and dark chocolate chips :) Everyone will love this one, especially the kids !
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 1)
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 1/4 TSP baking powder
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 banana
- 2 TBS dark chocolate chips ( I used pure cacao chips in this one) no sugar added
- Whip eggs in a large bowl
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add in eggs, if mixture is not wet enough add almond milk ( or regular milk if you can tolerate dairy).
- Cut up banana into circles
- Preheat a frying pan on medium, melt a bit of coconut oil in the base
- Pour pancake mixture in centre of pan make small 3 in pancakes
- Place a few of the cut up banana onto the pancake while still wet
- Cook for 2 minutes then flip , and cook for an additional minute on the other side
- Serve with additional bananas, you can top with maple syrup if you like or try almond butter !