All the yummy layers within ! Almond Crust - Chocolate - Caramel - Pecans !
Here you can see the bottom and middle of almond crust and crumbled dark chocolate
Making the caramel sauce for the topping !
Complete ! One large Chocolate Caramel Pecan Circle ready to be cut into bars !
INGREDIENTS : ( Serves 8)
- 1/4 cup erythritol sweetener ( I used Swerve)
- 3 TBS Xylitol
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 TBS butter
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 TSP Vanilla Extract ( for extra vanilla you can add some vanilla bean paste too !)
- 1/8 TSP Xanthan Gum
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS melted butter
- 1 TBS Molasses
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 3/4 Cup almond flour
- 2 TBS softened chopped butter
- 2 TBS Erythritol sweetener
- 1/8 TSP salt
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- 1/4 TSP xanthan gum
- 5 Squares 85%-90% dark chocolate ( or un-sweetend)
- 1/2 cup pecans
- First begin making the caramel sauce, add in a sauce pan : Erythritol, Xylitol, and water, stir and bring to a boil.
- Boil for approximately 10 minutes until mixture becomes slightly brown and bubbly.
- Remove caramel sauce from heat and add in vanilla, butter, cream, mix well.
- Next add in xanthan gum whisking quickly for about a minute.
- Set aside and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a food processor combine almond flour, butter, erythritol, salt, stevia, and xanthan gum, pulse until the mixture begins to clump into small pea sized balls.
- Line a 8" spring form pan, or small 6" square baking pan with parchments paper ( alternatively butter and coat with coconut flour to prevent sticking)
- Press mixture firmly and evenly into the pan and place in oven baking for 12 minutes.
- Next add in egg, melted butter, salt , and molasses into caramel sauce and whisk well.
- Add chopped chocolate and pecans to crust evenly and then pour the caramel sauce over top.
- Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 20- 25 minutes until caramel is set.
- Let cool, cut and enjoy !